Thursday, October 19, 2017

2017-10-19 (Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones)


Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones (1966)

Wiki - about the song

When I was about 14, Willie's sister (Daphne) let us cruise around with her. The playlist in her car was The Rolling Stones. The song I remember (of course) was "Satisfaction". As soon as I could, I bought a tape with that song, called "Hot Rocks (1964-1971)". It is another one of those tapes that I wore out. It was a regular in the walkman I used when I mowed the yard.

This is not one of my favorites from that collection. But, it always hit hard. There was something reminiscent of the Beverly Hillbillies (to me). The punch and pace and guitar tone -- they give you that anxious feel of uppers. I'm sure my mom would never have eaten pills, but I wonder what the pressure was like back in that time. Did her friends use? Were drugs like this more innocent? How many housewives used "diet pills" for a little pep?



No comments:

Post a Comment