Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Playlist - Just like old times

Today's playlist really started off last night. I listened to Patrick's Americana Crossroads on Morehead Public Radio. It was a fresh mix of similar tastes to my own.
Sonny & Brownie - Sonny's Squall ("Run to the Whoop"), Ryan Bingham, Avetts,...........


Started off the day with the winetree - Americana Crossroads tracks and Kentucky from their facebook page. Man, I wish these guys were more widely recognized and a bit more prolific. I believe in Isaiah's talent and taste.

Justin Earle Townes - Harlem River Blues was background for my busy mind. I'd definitely like to give it another go. I think he falls somewhere in that vast area between his namesakes and I'm starting to think he is an apple further from the tree musically yet pretty much like them both, personally.

Ryan Bingham - Mescalito I already like it, but it was good to hear it from a different source last night on Patrick's Americana Crossroads show.

Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee - Red River

Railroad Earth - Railroad Earth

Music For Moving Images V3 - Various This is a compilation from the Three Sixty label roster. I like almost everything on it and I like some of it a lot. I hope to follow up on some of these artists.

All India Radio - Echo Other

No comments:

Post a Comment