Monday, August 16, 2010

2010.08.16 Playlist - thanks to Napster


John Prine - Fair & Square EP (2010)

Lambchop - Aw C'mon (2004)

Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame (2010)

Medeski Martin and Wood - Radiolarians III (2009)

Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore - Dear Companion (2010)
- My Wealth Comes to Me is a Timeless Classic.... a super well written song! I heard these guys on E Town radio last night and got a renewed appreciation for this album. I really wish I had gone to see them when they came to Asheville. Pictured opposite above (Moore, Sollee).

Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca (2009)

The Meters - The Meters (1969)


Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights (1975)

Eilen Jewell - Butcher Holler: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn (2010)
- Who can blame her for loving Lorettie's songs or singing them but for the life of me, I can't understand what made her think she should make this album. Surely, she realizes what it was that made them so good to begin with. Loretta was the real deal. http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/blogs/eilen-jewell-sings-loretta?xg_source=activity

Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter (2005 Legends release)

The Reigning Sound - Love and Curses (2009)
- There's some definite quality here, but I couldn't get into it today. I'm not sure what kinda mood I'd have to be in.

Best Coast - Crazy For You (2010)
- I just listened to a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment